Erosion and Sediment Control on Unsealed Roads
This practical one day course is specifically designed for Supervisors, Leading Hands and Work Crews working on unsealed road construction and maintenance projects. It provides specific information on the principles of Erosion and Sediment Control for rural and unsealed road applications in line with the International Erosion Control Association (IECA) Best Practice Erosion and Sediment Control manual and the relevant State government legislation. A combination of illustrated PowerPoint presentations, hands-on practical demonstrations, discussion and practical site based activities instruct participants in how to effectively meet their operational and legislative requirements.
Course content includes:
- The Regulatory Environment, Due Diligence and Responsibility
- Understanding Soil Erosion
- Assessing Erosion Hazard
- Soil and Water Interaction
- Erosion Control Best Management Practices for Unsealed Roads
- Site Stabilisation and Rehabilitation for Unsealed Roads
- Sediment Control Best Management Practices for Unsealed Roads
- Site Inspection for Unsealed Roads
- Practical Implementation of Best Management Practices for Unsealed Roads
Who should attend?
Staff working on Unsealed Roads, Rural Council Work Crews, Contractors, Supervisors, Leading Hands, Regulatory Officers, Project Staff and Construction Engineers, National and State Parks staff, those working in forestry and at other remote sites