Erosion and Sediment Control (preparation for IECA CPESC examination) NSW (Blue Book)
Four one day professional development workshops for practitioners in Erosion and Sediment Control, based on Volume 1 of Managing Urban Stormwater: Soils and Construction (Landcom, 2004) (the “Blue Book”). Together the workshops cover the theory required for the International Erosion Control Association (IECA) examination for Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC). Examination candidates need to know both the theory and its application in a practical context.
Workshop 1 (one day): Fundamentals of Erosion and Sediment Control
Workshop 1 provides training for people responsible for the selection, construction and maintenance of temporary and permanent erosion and sediment control measures.
- Theory of Soil Erosion
- Erosion and Sediment Control Products
- Implementing Effective Erosion and Sediment Control Best Management Practices
- Practical skills on implementing a Soil and Water Management Plan by completing a worked case study.
Workshop 2 (one day): How to use the Blue Book
Workshop 2 gives a broad overview of the material contained in Managing Urban Stormwater: Soils and Construction (Landcom, 2004) (the “Blue Book”). This workshop is designed for staff who need to understand key technical and management issues relating to erosion and sediment control in the urban environment in NSW.
- Site Assessment and Site Planning
- Sediment Control
- Erosion Control
- Site Management and Inspection
Workshop 3 (one day): Water Management on Construction Sites
Workshop 3 trains those responsible for the selection, design or review of temporary and permanent erosion and sediment control measures on urban construction sites. Workshop 3 is geared mainly for consultants who prepare and regulators who review Soil and Water Management Plans.
- Theory and Application of Water Management on Construction Sites
- Sizing and Designing Sediment Basins
- Designing Catch Drains and Diversion Structures
Workshop 4: (one day) Preparing and Reviewing Plans for Soil and Water Management
Workshop 4 trains personnel responsible for the identification and design of temporary and permanent erosion and sediment control measures on construction sites and for their delineation on a plan. It pulls together the information presented at Workshops 1, 2 and 3, and is a practical application of the work undertaken at the earlier workshops.
- Theory of Plan Preparation
- Guided Practice – Plan Preparation
- Plan Preparation Using Local Examples
- Reviewing SWMPs and ESCPs